Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy EARTH DAY!

Posted by Eric

While many may feel this is actually a "non-holiday", in our times, I can think of no other secular observances so worthy of attention.
After more than a century of thoughtless consumerism run amuck, the direct impact of our daily decisions is now becomming apparent. There is ONE Earth. We are ONE People.
DO something GREEN today!
In observance of EARTH DAY, here are some new GREEN things going on around the greenhouse:


The first garden I ever designed (in 5th grade) featured all GREEN flowers! Seeing this Primrose "Green Lace" in Telly's perennial department took me back! It's ruffled, it's green, and it will be finding it way into my garden today!
Peas are GREEN and I love them! Recent visitors to the greenhouse have had the chance to watch the progress of my EARTH BOX. This "earth-friendly method of growing vegetables is amazing! I planted ORGANIC Snap Peas & Carrots on March 1st. I've already harvested about half a pound of delicious carrots, and fresh raw peas are now a daily delight for the staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment