Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I just Couldn't Resist!


Posted by Eric

Yeah, OK, maybe it's time I admit I'm just a sucker for weird plants, (I prefer to think of them as plants with "attitude") but here's another one! Introducing: Aeschynanthus radicans 'Rasta' - or, if you prefer, a Rastafarian Lipstick Plant! The traditional red "lipstick" blooms seem merely a perk when considering the curiously tantalizing texture created by the foliage . . .

Speaking of tantalizing, the greenhouse is really ramping up for spring! For those of us working in the greenhouse, one of the sure annual signs that planting season is soon to break, is when our heads become shaded by the thousands of hanging baskets we grow each year. Don't ask me how, but Maria & her crew managed to fill more than half the canopy of the greenhouse with baskets, in between transplanting thousands & thousands of seedlings and cuttings, in just the past few days! - Amazing! -

No comments:

Post a Comment